With Thanksgiving upon us and Christmas just around the corner, now is the time to start thinking about your holiday landscaping. Pull out those Christmas lights, grab some extension cords and get busy! Time to get the outside of your house as jolly as the inside. Here are some holiday landscaping tips….
Incorporating Christmas Lights In Your Landscaping
First of all, make sure your yard and bushes are cleaned up, raked and edged to look nice. Then take a walk around the property and decide where you want to put your Christmas lights. Once you have a design idea in your head, then you need to keep a few things in mind:
- Be sure that the lights you use are designated for outdoor use. Not all Christmas lights are the same! Doing this will ensure they are safe through the elements of winter.
- Consider using chase lights. These are a fun way to have your home and property twinkling in the night like stars. You can even set the timers on them to create certain designs in the lights. These work well on shrubbery around your front entrance. They come in a big net like sheets so all you have to do is drape them over the bushes and position them how you like.
- Use straight or icicle lighting strands to border the edge of your house. At night, these look like icicles and are so pretty from the street. You might try a combination of blue and clear lights, giving the illusion of icy wonder!
- Another popular thing to do in holiday landscaping is to use ornaments and other figures in the yard itself. Whether it’s a Santa waving to passersby, a snowman globe that inflates, or simply a beautifully lit nativity scene, your landscaping can be beautified with these additional touches.
- Talk to your landscaping professional to check for safety issues and also to get their help if you need. If your life doesn’t include time to do all the Christmas outdoor decorating yourself, why not have the pros come in and do it for you? The results will be polished and you will get to enjoy the benefits along with friends and neighbors.
Have fun with your landscaping this holiday season!
For more info, call us today at Local Hardscape Pros.
Local Hardscape Pros
4717 Jenn Drive Suite 100K
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577