If you have not noticed yet, many Myrtle Beach landscaping professionals specifically choose which trees to include in your lawn and strategically plan where they should be placed. The reason for this is because trees are not only great additions to your lawn to help increase your curb appeal, they also serve various purposes that can be maximized when placed in the right position in your lawn.
Here are some of the most common benefits that homeowners can gain from trees
• Shade – Trees are great sources of shade, especially during summer. They help prevent too much light and heat from the sun from coming into your home, effectively contributing to creating and maintaining a lower temperature inside your home. As a result, you should not have to run your air conditioning units for long hours and, thus, have lower energy bills throughout the summer.
• Windbreak – There are certain types of trees that effectively serve as a buffer from strong winds; thereby, protecting your house from potential damage due to strong winds during hurricane season.
• Screening and privacy – If you don’t want to set up tall fences, which require continuous maintenance and upkeep, you can consider planting trees that will provide you with the privacy that you need. Some trees even work to reduce the amount of noise coming from the outside.
• Fruits – Another great benefit from planting trees in your backyard are its fruit. Fruit-bearing trees reward you and your effort in taking care of them with delicious and fresh fruits that you can eat whenever they are in season. Plus, it’s a great pride to tell your friends and family that you grow your own fruit right in your backyard.
• Ornaments – There are also trees that serve as great ornaments in your backyard. These trees work great to increase your curb appeal and, thus, the overall value of your home as well.
Factors to consider when choosing trees for your landscaping project
One of the keys in successfully maximizing the purpose of trees in your yard is choosing the right type of trees to plant. This does not only depend on the specific purpose you want the trees to serve, there are other factors that you need to consider to ensure that you are choosing the right trees for your lawn.
1. Height and width
When choosing trees, always remember that they will grow taller and bigger as the years pass. If you are not sure how big and tall they will become, ask the seller or seek professional advice from Local Hardscape Pros.
It is important that you determine the size of the trees that you are getting for your lawn at their full maturity so you will know whether or not they will fit in your yard. Be sure to consider the height and width of the tree as well as the mass of its foliage. This will also allow you to plan how to effectively maintain the trees. You don’t want to always be cutting down branches and trimming your trees more than once a week. And you would not want to violate any local codes and regulations by having your trees reach utility lines.
2. Moisture needs
Every tree has different moisture needs. If you are buying locally, you don’t have to worry about moisture needs of the trees that you are buying since they already grow locally and, thus, are accustomed to your local weather and temperature.
On the other hand, if you are buying from a different state or city, you should verify the moisture needs of the trees you are considering buying to ensure they will not have difficulties adjusting and growing in your area. To help you choose trees, seek professional recommendations from a landscaping expert.
3. Soil pH needs
Different types of soils have different levels of pH and different trees have different soil pH needs to ensure their health. The first thing you will need to do is check your soil’s pH level. With this information, you will be able to determine which type of tree you should buy for your lawn. Make sure the trees that you will buy match your soil’s pH to ensure healthy growth.
Local Hardscape Pros will help you choose the most appropriate trees to plant in your yard depending on your needs and the purpose that you need them to serve. Call Local Hardscape Pros today to inquire about their services.
Local Hardscape Pros
4717 Jenn Drive Suite 100K
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577